WE ARE ON LINE!!!!
SELECT ONLINE SEARCH ON THE MENU FOR THE LINKS TO TAPESTRY AND LAREDO AND RECORDS SEARCH ONLY.
"TAPESTRY" AND "LAREDO" ARE PAID SEARCHES. YOU CAN SEE THE ACTUAL DOCUMENTS AND PRINT COPIES FOR A FEE.
"RECORDS SEARCH ONLY" IS FREE BUT YOU CAN ONLY SEE THAT A DOCUMENT HAS BEEN FILED, THE RECORDING DATE, & THE DOCUMENT NUMBER
We are now an e-Recording county. (we do not erecord documents that transfer (deeds, Affidavits etc) but we do e-Record mortgages, releases, assignments etc.
Assumed Business Name form is available under Reports/Forms. They are to be filed in the Recorders office and the filing fee for this form is $11.00
Click on this link for the recorders fee schedule
Your County Recorder:
• Records any instrument submitted for recording, providing it meets essential requirements. (See below*)
• Records Deeds, Mortgages, Assignments, Releases, Powers of Attorney, Real Estate Contracts, Annexations, Trustee Elections, Affidavits, Surveys, Federal Tax Liens, Mechanics Liens, Military Discharges, Articles of Incorporation, Cemetery Deeds, Bonds, Plats, Condominiums, Firms Doing Business Under Assumed Names, Delinquent Sewer Liens, and Miscellaneous Instruments.
• Files Uniform Commercial Code instruments.
• Supplies copies of any instrument and certifies to those recorded upon request (Fee charged).
*Essential Recording Requirements:
• Acknowledgments: To entitle any conveyance, mortgage, or instrument of writing to be recorded.
• Legibility of Names: Typed or printed under each signature exactly as signed.
• Name of Person Preparing Instrument: Each document effecting real estate.
• Notarized Documents: Requires county residence of notary and commission expiration.
• Transfer of Deeds for Taxation: Endorsement by Auditor before recording.
• Release of Satisfaction of Liens: May be executed by President, Vice-President, Cashier, Secretary, Treasurer, General Manager.
*Documents must be in 10 pt font if typewritten and have a 2" top and bottom margin on 1st page.
Office Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru Friday
...Documents coming in after 3:30 pm may be processed the next business day.
The office is located on the main level of the county court house.
By State Statue, the County Recorder maintains and preserves all legal documents affecting title to real property. Any instrument submitted for recording, providing it meets essential requirements, are recorded. These records are the legal basis for determining ownership of real property.
The County Recorder prepares and furnishes official copies of any record or instrument when required by law, ordered by the court, or requested by any parties. All documents are public information with the exception of Military Discharge records. Since the Recorder's office is a State constitutional office, fees charged by the recorder are established under Indiana Code 36-2-7. All transactions are audited by the Indiana State Board of Accounts.